Read, play, and record your own stories! An engaging interactive story and early geometry game, which will help your child learn about shapes and develop their spatial thinking skills!
The story and mini games in the app are designed and written by Professor Herbert Ginsburg from Columbia University’s Teachers College and edited by Emmy-award winning writer Jill Turner, the former writer of many of your favorite children’s shows such as Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood and The Good Night Show.
In the playground you can play with the characters, dress them up with various fun costumes, decorate the scene, and record your own stories, or read the original story with their customized characters!
Tiggly Shape’s Got Talent app turns learning early geometry concepts such as shape identification and learning shape properties into a fun-filled humorous talent show! You’ll meet “Star”, but not any star, “A Rock Star, Star with a Guitar!” and he will welcome you to his game show “Meet the Star, and get a star! In this show, he attempts to find the BEST shape out there, and he needs your help to bring the contestants onto the stage:
– The sad circle who thinks he’s very boring because all he does is rolling and rolling!
– The stubborn square who thinks she’s perfect because she has four perfectly equal sides and points.
– The tough triangle who thinks he’ll win everything because he has his whole family supporting him.
Star will present various challenges such as finding the perfect wheel for Tracy the truck and it’s up to you to decide which shape should win the trophy! You are in charge of choosing the shapes that will participate in each of the challenges. The app is full of humor and surprises while teaching your little ones important geometry concepts.
– Highly interactive and engaging storyline written by Prof Herbert Ginsburg
– Highlighting word by word as the narrator reads the story, critical for developing reading skills
– Four mini games which help you experiment with shapes
– Record your own voice reading the story to your child or simply have it be read to you
– Dressing up and free play with characters in Playground
– Record your own stories in Playground or read the prewritten story with characters in their costumes
– Take pictures with the shapes on the stage
– Featuring voice of Jennifer Barnhart (AvenueQ, Cleo in Between the Lions, Mama Bear in Sesame St); Tyler Bunch (Baby Cookie Monster, Louie in Bedtime with Elmo); and Peter Linz (Walter in The Muppets, Snook in It’s a Big Big World, Theo Lion in Between the Lions)
ABOUT PROFESSOR HERBERT GINSBURG
Herbert Ginsburg, PhD, is the Jacob H. Schiff Professor of Psychology and Education and Professor of early childhood math education at Teachers College, Columbia University. He has extensive experience in writing math storybooks. With Carole Greenes and Robert Balfanz, he developed a math curriculum, Big Math for Little Kids designed for 4- and 5-year-old children, which was funded by National Science Foundation. One component of the program is a series of math storybooks.
Tiggly (www.tiggly.com), award-winning makers of tablet smart toys for preschoolers, has partnered with Professor Herbert Ginsburg to develop *** – an app featuring an original storyline, animations, mini games, and voice acting exclusively designed in partnership with Tiggly.
ABOUT TIGGLY SHAPES
This app is compatible with Tiggly Shapes Smart Toys! Your Tiggly toys can be used like real shape blocks – tap them on the screen and play through the challenges on the stage. The app is optimized to work with Tiggly toys but also offers a fun learning experience without the toys.
Your input is very important to us. If you have any questions, comments, or need help, please contact us at: email@example.com
Appstore : https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/tiggl…